Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Belated Birthday Present


On Friday, July 24th Scott took me to the Cliff House in San Francisco. For those who know when my birthday is, this was a very belated birthday present, but worth it. I don't know if you have been there, but everyone should experience this place! He made reservations for Sutros Restaurant, which is pretty fancy. On the Scott Schroder fancy (expensive) scale, it would probably rank at a 9.7 out of 10.
We started out pretty gutsy by ordering oysters......you know why!!!! Besides the one reason people eat oysters, I do not know why people do, because you just swallow the oyster, its not filling. And then we ate filet of beef (mignon) and salmon. Scott had this amazing hummus ravioli; my mouth is still waters when I think about this ravioli. Who would know that hummus and ravioli pasta would go well together. For those who are worried about the portions being too small. They weren't, it was perfect because for some reason when you go to a restaurant like this, you automatically eat slower, devouring each bite. We did not leave the restaurant hungry. I could go on forever about the food, but I won't, I just hope that you all will be able to experience this place. And you can't beat the view, the ocean.
We had a great day and night together...and just in case you were wondering...yes, oysters are a great way to get the evening started!!

No comments: