Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blue October: Twice in 4 months Equals 2 Fabulous Nights!


I would like to give a shot out to my sister for introducing me to one of my new favorite band's...Blue October. Don't worry, The Cure will always remain a favorite! Last April and last Friday, August 1st, Scott and I saw Blue October. I heard a few of their songs after reading the Twilight series, but after seeing them in April I new I wanted to hear more of their songs. Their new CD Approaching Normal is great. If you have a chance check out their music. "Blue Does," "My Never," are just a couple great songs.

Back to the concert. Scott and I went to the concert in San Jose together. The venue wasn't great, I prefer the Filmore in San Francisco (where we saw them in April) but San Jose is a 3rd home for us (ComedySportz). We had a great time together! I love that we both love concerts (live music); its just one more thing that we can do together. Between last year (teaching credential program) and Scott's crazy summer work schedule, its awesome that we can do things together. And of course we can't do these things with out our great babysitters!!! Thanks Mom and Dad, for always willing to take Maya!

Wow! how easily I get off topic. There were some interesting people at the concert. I really like the music, but I have never understood how some people become a little crazy about the band. There was a guy there that was trying to look exactly like the lead singer, Justin. A little weird. If I was a in a band and someone was trying to duplicate my look...I would be a little creeped out, but hey, that's just me.

The next concert we go to will be with a group of friends to see Blink 182 and Weezer. I CAN'T wait!! Hopefully I'll have real pictures instead of just a picture taken from the Internet!

No comments: